AFS Intercultural Programs is an international, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit organization that provides intercultural learning opportunities to help people develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to create a more just and peaceful world. By linking our “learning to live together” philosophy AFS fosters intercultural understanding as a powerful and productive tool for building a more just and peaceful world.
AFS International is comprised of 59 Network Organizations or Partners. The term “Partner” is used within AFS to refer to each independent, legally constituted, non-governmental, volunteer-driven organization. AFS Poland is an AFS Network Organization that was founded in 2016.
In Poland each year, our team of 4 staff and over 200 volunteers helps over 80 young people participate in our programs. Every year there is a visible growth of programs in numbers and in quality while building structures in the office and creating regional volunteer-based structures.
More information at www.poland.afs.org
Summary of Position:
The Partner Director is accountable for the effective management of AFS Poland within the strategic and policy framework provided by the Board. The Partner Director, together with the Partner Chair – serves as the spokesperson of the organization and performs the role of AFS representative, both nationally and internationally. The Partner Director has to ensure the implementation of international policies, procedures, standards and guidelines applicable to all Partners and Provisional Partners in the AFS Network.
- Extensive successful professional experience demonstrating advancement in management ability and leadership skill, preferably in a volunteer-based international organization.
- Experience setting and implementing strategy, managing growth and change, and overseeing financial and operations.
- A record of attracting, motivating, leading, developing, and retaining excellent staff and/or volunteers, providing them with a clear sense of direction, and delegating effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal communication, to inspire and work in close collaboration with a wide variety of people at all levels and across cultures.
- A collaborative leadership style that energizes and inspires board, staff, and volunteers, respects and supports their capabilities and independence
- An understanding of the dynamics of an organization with multiple constituencies and interdependent interests.
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity along with optimism, energy, common sense, good judgment, and a sense of humor.
More specifically the Partner Director should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Significant administration and management experience, including participatory management practices that advance staff and volunteers skills, motivation, and energy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to represent AFS, ensuring that the organization and its mission are effectively presented to various publics
- An understanding of the international education field
- University degree in a relevant area, such as Business Administration, International Relations, Social Science or another field
- Optimal knowledge of English language both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills
- A willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work over weekends, as needed, to perform the duties described
- Previous experience working with Volunteers and with a Volunteer Board in shaping the direction, vision and major programs of the organization
- Demonstrates a commitment to stay a considerable time on the job, assuring some degree of leadership continuity
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience as an Executive Director or similar position in the not-for-profit sector
The full job description is available on demand on [email protected]
We offer a very varied full time job in an inspiring and enthusiastic environment full of exciting challenges. The opportunity to work in an international context with experienced experts at some exciting projects both in team and individually. We give you a rich learning environment with plenty of opportunities for initiative, creativity and responsibility.
And according to our mission AFS honors equal opportunities and diversity. Competencies are decisive, irrespective of gender, ethnicity or disability
If you are interested, please send your CV and Cover Letter containing a description of the organization’s development vision via email: [email protected] the latest Friday 20th April 2018.
Nominated candidates will be invited for the interviews on 25th and 26th April 2018
Please include the following statement in your application: „I hereby consent to processing by the advertiser of my personal data, included in my application documents, for the purposes to implement the recruitment process according to the act of 29 August 1997 on personal data protection (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2016, pos. 922). I also consent to processing of my personal data by the advertiser for the purposes of any future recruitment processes.”